Each day after reading the Bible, missionary to China, teacher, and Olympic runner Eric Liddell ended his “morning quiet” with these six questions:*
- Have I surrendered this new day to God, and will I seek and obey the guidance of the Holy Spirit throughout its hours?
- What, especially, have I to thank You for this morning, Lord?
- Lord, is there any sin in my life for which I should seek Your forgiveness and cleansing– any apology or restitution to make?
- For whom do You want me to pray this morning, Lord?
- What bearing does this morning’s Bible passage have on my life, and what do You want me to do about it?
- What do You want me to do today and how do You want me to do it?
* Adapted from Run to Glory by Ellen Caughey, Barbour Publishing Inc, ©2000, p. 176; P.O. Box 719, Urichsville OH 44683 (www.barbourbooks.com)