International Students as Equipped and Empowered Disciples
Vision: To see internationals raised up as oaks of righteousness among the nations.
- One-on-one mentoring
- Daily life in cross-cultural community
- Hands-on international student ministry experience
- Part-time Internship in their field of study (in IFI or a local Christian business)
Good candidates for ISEED are recently graduated Christian international students (with a bachelor or master’s degree) who have a genuine desire to grow in their faith. Without commitment there is no fun! ISEED runs from August to May and kicks off with participation in the Fall Welcome Activities to gain insight into how IFI welcomes new international students in partnership with local churches.
ISEED is a commitment of 25-hour-per-week plus 25 hours per week in a part-time, paid internship ($10/hour) in the student’s field of study.
Admission into the ISEED training depends on securing a 25 hours per week part-time paid internship in the student’s field of study. We also have an unpaid summer ISEED internship that provides a mini-version of the 10-month training. Summer ISEED runs from June 1 to August 1.
The IFI ISEED Training is one of the most complete programs I’ve ever attended in my life. I feel I learned a lot and I know how to apply Biblical principles in practical ways. I’m ready to go back and I know God is my strong support. I’m not afraid. I think the whole IFI training helped me grow up a lot.--Tyche – China, 2012-13 ISEED
Columbus has been a self-discovery place in several ways, thanks to the wonderful people God has been surrounding me with since the first day I got here. I truly believe my eyes would not have been opened to see God’s greatness had I not took off this year and invest it in the ISEED training. God is surely using this year to reveal his goodness to me. --Angelique – Rwanda, 2014-15 ISEED
10-month Training Timeline by Area of Concentration
IFI Welcome Activities
Prayer - Listening prayer - Spiritual warfare
Renewing the Mind - Self-discovery: Personality, strengths and spiritual gifts assessments - Inner healing - Kingdom values vs. Cultural values - Character transformation
Living in the Word - Overview of the Bible and Doctrinal Knowledge - Survey of Bible Study methods
Fellowship with Believers - Interpersonal skills: Listening; - Speaking the truth in love; - Conflict resolution - Romantic relationships - Serving the poor - The value of life).
Witnessing - Small group evangelism and discipleship - Contextualizing the Gospel - Cross-cultural servanthood) .
Questions? Please contact: Phil Foell, ISEED Internship Program Director at .
Applicants are screened by the ISEED Coordinator and HR staff and selected based on the following criteria:
- Clear evidence of saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Solid references (minimum three letters of reference)
- Genuine desire to be transformed in Christ-likeness
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- F-1 OPT or CPT visa status
- Commitment to complete entire 10-month discipleship training
Top candidates are interviewed in person, by phone or internet by the ISEED Coordinator and/or Candidate Committee. Candidates must have good organizational and communication skills and the maturity to follow through on all assignments and ministry projects. They must be teachable, willing to take initiative, flexible, and above all, be obedient and attentive to God’s calling in their life.
After candidates are accepted in the ISEED Discipleship Training, IFI will help candidates search for a part-time paid internship in their field of study.
• Housing: As available, free or low cost housing is provided to ISEED participants through host families. If not, IFI will help participants find other housing. • Transportation: ISEEDers are responsible to provide their own transportation to Columbus (if moving from out-of-town) and are responsible for their own transportation needs while here.
- To download the information booklet, please click here
- Have you read through the information and can’t find what you’re looking for? Please direct all questions to the ISEED Coordinator at
- For stories of current and past ISEEDers, click here.
Ways to give to ISEED Discipleship Training
- EASY GIVING: Give automatically through your bank account.
- Use your bank's ONLINE BILL PAY or mail a check to:
International Friendships, Inc.
PO Box 82416
Columbus, OH 43202-0416
Please write "ISEED" on the check memo line or in the memo or account field in your online bill payer.
- Credit card online (see form on this page)