Mobilize Your Church
“Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.” (Heb. 13:2)
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) has been working alongside churches to support and help them to fulfill their desire to love the stranger since 1979. IFI is seeking additional churches to join us in this unique outreach among international college students.
Why partner with IFI?
- IFI provides OPPORTUNITIES and training to fulfill God’s command to be hospitable to strangers and to love the foreigner living among us. (Heb. 13:2 NIV & Deut. 10:18-19)
- IFI provides a local CONNECTING point between the interest in overseas service and God’s love for all nations.
- IFI makes it easy for Christians to form natural RELATIONSHIPS with students from other religions from around the world.
- IFI helps create EXCITEMENT about sharing the good news as volunteers and students share their faiths with each other.
What Pastors Are Saying
The Scriptures support ministry to the internationals living among us in 3 primary ways:
- Scriptures point to God’s love for the stranger (or international). Heb. 13:2 “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.”
- Scriptures show many examples of God reaching people away from home. The book of Acts reports about many of them: The Apostle Paul, Lydia, the Ethiopian eunuch, Cornelius, and groups of people at Pentecost.
- God shows in His Word that internationals are used as a part of his plan to bless all nations. Some examples in the Old Testament include Moses, Nehemiah, and Joseph.
How IFI can help your church fulfill God’s call in the Scripture to love the stranger?