I am excited to join staff with IFI, so I can continue to share the love and hope of Jesus with OSU students from India and students of Hindu background. My basic responsibilities will be:
• Leading in the Yeshu Satsang Bible study
• Organizing cultural events for Indians
• Working with Indian student associations
• Meeting students and showing them the love of Christ, including clearing up the huge misconception that one needs to abandon Indian community, culture, and family to follow Jesus
• Training volunteers for the Indian Friendship Team and others who would like to love and serve their friends from Hindu background
• Mentoring Indian and other Hindu background students
Being from Kolkata, India originally, I was adamantly against Christianity until I was 25. I had misconceptions about Christians and Jesus, like many Indians, and was heavily involved in Hinduism. When I came to actually understand who Jesus really was, I felt especially burdened to share Him with everyone especially my fellow Indian countrymen. I got involved and led in various church work but continued to feel burdened to share the love and hope that Jesus gives to other Indians. I started learning from mentors, various training resources, studied the Bible, apologetics, Hindu scriptures, deeper study of Indian history and different regional cultures to learn how to best do that. Though originally I had a desire to move back to India, about 6 years ago, I had an opportunity to volunteer with IFI. What a wonderful gift it has been to impact students who would later impact family, friends, colleagues, and others in India. Over the years, I have had the privilege to see God already use me in many of the responsibilities you see above in my job description.
After much prayer and waiting on God’s will and timing, I recently accepted an offer of a campus minister position for the Indian Friendship Team. My husband, John, and I believe it will be the perfect job with my background, giftings, vision, and burden. I’m excited to see the way God will provide.