Zac and Michaela met during college at UF, and got married in December of 2019. During their years in college, they became heavily involved in the Baptist Collegiate Ministries at UF, where the Lord radically changed the trajectory of their lives. They developed a huge heart for the nations, and began working in cross-cultural contexts by going on overseas summer mission trips and strategically befriending and discipling internationals at UF. In the Fall of 2019, they began volunteering with Global Connections, an international student ministry at UF, and have been leading a friendship group for students from India and China for the past 2 years. Their heart is to see generations of disciple-makers from all the nations raised up and sent back to their home countries as laborers.
The University of Florida has over 7,000 international students from 140 different countries! Zac and Michaela are working with those students seeking to welcome, serve, and reach them with the love of Christ:
- Welcoming: As students arrive in the U.S., they work to organize airport pick-ups, home-stay programs, and move-in help to help students get settled.
- Serving: For as long as students study at UF, they long to be servants to them by giving them rides, checking in on them constantly, and meeting their needs.
- Reaching: Many international students are from countries with little to no access to the Gospel, so there is great urgency to get the Gospel to them while they are here. They lead an international friendship group, with the goal of having fun and developing deeper relationships with the students that will open doors for them to share the Gospel with the students and raise them up as laborers.
- Mobilizing: “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few” (Luke 10:2). Zac and Michaela seek to equip, train, and mobilize other American believers to join them in welcoming, serving, and reaching international students!
WAYS TO PARTNER:
- Give: Zac and Michaela’s hearts are to work with international students full-time, and they are trusting in God to raise their full salary. Would you consider asking God about financially investing in the work He is doing at UF?
- Pray for the Lord to raise up an army of financial and prayer supporters for them
- Pray for B.O.B.:
- Brokenness for the lost around them
- Opportunities to share the Gospel
- Boldness to proclaim His Word
- Pray that God would soften hearts and reveal people of peace to them
- Pray for the Lord to use them to raise up disciple-makers of all the nations in Gainesville.
Share: Share this opportunity with others, and connect them to Zac and Michaela