National Field Director
Full-Time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
The overall role of the National Field Director is to assist the Location Leaders of IFI ministry locations to be successful in their ministries by providing pastoral care, helping them to stay focused on the mission/vision of IFI, and providing an administrative connection with the IFI organization as a whole. Helping ministry leaders strengthen and grow existing locations is a key focus of this position.
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
- Coordinate regularly with Location Leaders to on their ministry activities, plans, goals, and team, inquire regularly how they are doing spiritually, and pray with them
- Ensure that Location Leaders are visited by National Office personnel at least once a year
- Ensure that new ministry locations receive sufficient oversight, coaching, and access to resources
- Meet regularly (in person or via video chat) with the leadership team of IFI
- Help Location Leaders discern when and how to recruit others to join their staff team
- Ensure timely responsiveness from Location Leaders to National Office requests for reports and statistical information
- Work with Location Leaders to determine a work plan and set goals in campus ministry, volunteer mobilization, and team development
- Have an annual evaluation with Location Leaders and ensure that they have an annual evaluation of each staff person in their location
- Ensure that work is being done toward the replication of IFI’s ministries in other areas
- Reach out to and represent IFI with other colleges in the area
- Develop a prayer and financial support team (as needed), achieving minimum monetary standards as defined by MPD process
- Other duties, as assigned. Duties/responsibilities may change at any time.
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies
- Is faithful, loyal and dedicated to IFI’s mandate from the Lord to extend God’s love globally through equipping Christians to be effective cross-cultural communicators of the Gospel
- Godly character, meeting the leadership requirements defined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Be teachable, humble, and have a servant’s heart
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with strategic planning skills
- Enjoys encouraging and helping others succeed and has ability to hold others accountable
- Has demonstrated ability as a developer of leadership
- Has discernment and strong interpersonal skills
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, and Travel
This is a full- or part-time, exempt, deputized-fundraising position that requires both consistency and flexibility in scheduling. Work evenings and/or weekends when participating in IFI events may be required. This position may be called on to work evenings and/or weekends in particular when visiting IFI ministry locations.
Travel is expected to be successful in this position. Each location needs at least an annual visit. Depending on your location, travel to the National Office in Columbus will be required with some frequency. Plan on attending one or more conferences per year to connect with others in similar ministry and to gain further equipping for this role.
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
1520 Old Henderson Rd, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43220
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.