Full-Time or Part-Time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
The overall role of the Ministry Leader is to establish an IFI presence through direct ministry work on a specific campus and through engagement of trained Christian volunteers and local churches.
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
- Start at least one bible study with international students
- Have at least one event per year for international students
- Register IFI as a recognized student organization, maintain that registration, and maintain a good relationship with other campus international organizations
- Maintain at least one discipleship relationship with an international student and engage others to disciple and offer friendship to internationals
- Foster relationships with campus staff and organizations, allowing IFI to gain access to campus and have credibility as a great partner that can work with the international student population
- Begin to establish partnerships with local churches, sharing the mission with them to extent life-changing hospitality and friendship to international students out of reverence for Jesus
- Work to mobilize volunteers to help with IFI activities, such as airport pickup, holiday hosting, international student events, conversation partnerships, and bible studies
- Develop a prayer and financial support team (as needed), achieving minimum monetary standards as defined by MPD process
- Report data to and work with National Office on strategic initiatives
- Be required to attend annual National Staff Gathering
- Work with IFI to grow the location into a multiplying ministry
- Other duties, as assigned. Duties/responsibilities may change at any time.
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies
- Is faithful, loyal and dedicated to IFI’s mandate from the Lord to extend God’s love globally through equipping Christians to be effective cross-cultural communicators of the Gospel
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to complete tasks independently
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and Google applications
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
1520 Old Henderson Rd, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43220
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.