Full-time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI), is a faith-based, not-for-profit showing hospitality to international college students, scholars, and their families while studying in the United States. IFI seeks an information technology professional to join the busy IT team of this rapidly growing national organization.
The overall role of the IT Manager is to assist the Chief Operating Officer, Communications Director, and other IFI leaders in advancing IFI’s mission through implementing improved technology solutions. Through software development, database management, hardware troubleshooting, and team support, the IT Director will provide essential resources for IFI’s national ministry locations as well as practical, quick remedies
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
- Develop a prayer and financial support team (as needed)
- Supervise IT Specialist role, providing guidance and prioritization for their work
- Develop and/or evaluate software to aid IFI ministry locations in managing student and volunteer data
- Improve intercommunication among IFI staff by implementing online collaboration tools and processes
- Regularly monitor and improve security of IFI’s financial, donor, volunteer and student data
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for local and remote IFI staff
- Develop and/or evaluate software to improve IFI websites and connect them with internal databases
- Maintain hardware and suggest new hardware asset purchases
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience that encompasses IT and software development
databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Experience managing Windows Server and an Active Directory environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certificate-level completion of Perspectives on the World Christian movement is preferred and if
not existent, should be completed within one year of employment with IFI.
- Experience with Google Apps Script, Linux Command Line, Node.js, REST and/or SOAP APIs is
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.