Part-Time Columbus, OH
The overall duty of this position is to support the IFI Finance Department with the processing, recording, and reconciliation of donor contributions, to work with staff to track costs associated with events, to record and report staff ministry expenses for reimbursement, and to perform other accounting duties.
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
- Accurately record contributions from donors into IFI’s financial software database and prepare receipts for donors
- Periodically reconcile financial records in the donor database to the general ledger
- Record Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, ministry expense reimbursements, and IFI credit card expenses and assist in reconciling credit card accounts monthly
- Maintain donor records and edit them as necessary
- Generate monthly reports for IFI staff
- Work with staff to track costs of events and trips
- Prepare donor giving reports as requested
- Record Annual Budget inputs received from IFI staff
- Other duties, as assigned. Duties/responsibilities may change at any time.
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies, as well as ECFA Standards
- Teachable, diplomatic, and has a patient personality
- Self-starter, well organized with attention to detail, and able to complete tasks independently
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys encouraging and helping other succeed
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, and Travel
This position operates in a professional office environment. Standard days and hours of work for the Finance Office are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This is a part-time, hourly position ranging from 15 – 25 hours per week. This role uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Travel is not expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and ability to learn customized financial software and databases is required; proficient with Google applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks in the nonprofit industry is preferred
- Accounting degree or equivalent knowledge gained through demonstrated experience is preferred.
- An interest in nonprofit accounting principles or an aptitude and ability to learn them is preferred.
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
1520 Old Henderson Rd, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43220