Chief Operations Officer
Full-Time or Part-Time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
Chief Operations Officer position is full- or part-time, reports directly to the Executive Director, and is responsible for the day-to-day administration and business operations of International Friendships, Inc. Areas of responsibility include: administration, personnel, and fiscal management.
- Develop and maintain a prayer and financial support team
- Management and oversight of the Volunteer, IT, Human Resources, Communications, Facilities, and Finance Departments
- Ensure that Information Technology needs of organization are met
- Develops and administers operational administrative policies
- Provide information for evaluation of the organization’s activities
- Provide strategic planning for each department within his/her scope
- Assists National Team, Executive Director, and Board with strategic short- and long-term planning initiatives
- Provide direction and oversight to the CFO
- Provide input in the area of fiscal policy development so that IFI complies with ECFA standards and accounting standards
- Provide direction and oversight in the annual budgeting process
- Represent the financial interests of IFI in management level planning discussions
- Administer board-approved personnel policies and policies in coordination with Executive Director
- Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of national staff with administrative role, including approving expenditures and completing performance evaluations
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- High-level of spiritual maturity and commitment to Biblical values
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
- Experience in the implementation of new systems and procedures to enable an organization to operate more effectively
- Commitment to team work and to support goals and vision of the Executive Director
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, mission and vision, core values, and policies
- Adherence to ECFA standards as practiced by IFI
- Has discernment, a high level of emotional intelligence, ability to quickly read people, and strong interpersonal skills
- 5-10 years’ experience supervising a team and driving strategic initiatives
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.