Full-time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
The overall role of the Communications Coordinator is to assist the Communications Director to guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate IFI’s mission. They will help ensure that IFI is communicating clearly and effectively to its key constituent groups of international students and scholars, volunteers and donors, and partnering churches. They will work closely with the Communications Director, senior leadership, campus ministry leadership, and others within the organization, as a communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Research and develop social media strategies to be used by IFI ministry locations nationwide
- Plan, film and edit videos, as well as work with video production companies, to vividly express IFI’s ministry to volunteers, donors and international students
- Analyze website performance, suggest, test and implement improvements to increase visitor engagement online
- Design print and online graphics for IFI collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, videos and IFI’s websites
- Aid in developing, implementing, and evaluating the annual communications plan across IFI’s discrete audiences in collaboration with the IFI team and constituents
- Lead the generation of planned online content, both on websites and social media, that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Coordinate media needs for location-specific and national events, including, but not limited to, video and audio recordings, photography, and mailed or online promotions
- Consult with IFI national ministries regarding communication needs and events in their local area, draft and implement proposed solutions
- On a volunteer basis, build and maintain ongoing relationships with one or more international student or scholar
- Develop an operating budget for the position and develop a prayer and financial support team to fund it, achieving at least minimum monetary standards as defined by our Ministry Partner Development process
- Other duties, as assigned. Duties/responsibilities may change at any time.
Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Adherence to IFI’s statement of faith, core values, and policies
- Is faithful, loyal and dedicated to IFI’s mandate from the Lord to extend God’s love globally through equipping Christians to be effective cross-cultural communicators of the Gospel
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to complete tasks independently
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and Google applications
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience that encompasses online media, graphic design, video production and copywriting
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Cloud apps, including, but not limited to, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and Audition
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Experience with web programming, IT troubleshooting, and blogging/copywriting
- Familiarity with WordPress (a content management system)
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
1520 Old Henderson Rd, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43220
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.