Full-time or Part-time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI), is a faith-based, not-for-profit showing hospitality to international college students, scholars, and their families while studying in the United States. IFI seeks a leader to start and grow a ministry in a new location of this rapidly growing national organization.
The City Director is tasked with bringing forth a healthy IFI ministry location. The City Director’s primary role is to recruit, coordinate, train and lead the City Impact Team in the fulfillment of the IFI vision. The City Director will speak on behalf of IFI in the churches of a certain geographical area and develop funding to support the joint local ministry.
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Well organized, with attention-to-detail, and ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
The City Director is responsible for the oversight of their IFI location by providing pastoral care and support, strategic and mission based focus, and administrative guidance and communication to members of the City Impact Team doing international student ministry at their location. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a prayer and financial support team (as needed)
- Build, manage and lead a City Impact Team consisting of a:
- Community Liaison
- Volunteer Mobilizer
- Campus Ministry Lead
- Campus Liaison
- Online Content and Data Specialist
- Lead team meeting – plan agenda, provide ongoing training, facilitate planning and encourage growth in staff relationship
- Meet individually with staff for assessment and encouragement
- Develop team expectations and assist staff who are not meeting expectations
- Make and execute a plan for strategic growth of the ministry location
- Develop an operating budget which includes:
- The overall vision for the location for the coming year
- Recommendations for any structural changes
- Potential staff changes
- Make financial decisions related to the operating funds for specific programs within approved budgets
- Provide monthly reports addressing what has been happening in the ministry with regards to staff, students, churches and volunteers
- Develop strategic partnerships with Christian organizations, churches and community groups to assist the fulfilling the mission of IFI
- Maintain personal involvement in campus ministry, including:
- Starting or participating in Bible studies for international students
- Developing at least 2 ongoing relationships with international students
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.