Full-time or Part-time Funded by Ministry Partner Development
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI), is a faith-based, not-for-profit showing hospitality to international college students, scholars, and their families while studying in the United States. IFI seeks a campus minister to join a local ministry team of this rapidly growing national organization.
The overall role of the Campus Minister is to help fulfill the mission of IFI by establishing contacts with internationals, serving them in practical ways, developing Bible studies, helping to train volunteers in campus ministry, following up and discipling one or two international, and helping to equip one key international student for service.
Key Responsibilities to include (not limited to) the following:
- Develop a prayer and financial support team (as needed)
- Contacting international students, scholars, and their families through
- Participating in IFI sponsored outreach and special events on campus
- Connecting with student associations and groups
- Developing culture-specific outreaches
- Evangelizing internationals by
- Developing good friendships and personal relationships
- Providing one-on-one Bible studies encounters
- Leading group Bible studies
- Pursuing other creative paths to share the Gospel
- Discipling internationals through
- Close personal involvement
- Structured and informal one-on-one times
- Setting mutually agreed-upon goals for growth
- Recruit and train American and international Christians to serve on a campus ministry team
- Meet regularly with City Director or Campus Ministry Lead for input, direction, and counsel.
Required Qualifications, including Spiritual Characteristics
- Well organized, with attention-to-detail, and ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to work under stress and be flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
International Friendships, Inc. (IFI) is a faith-based organization. Therefore, only those willing to adhere to to IFI’s statement of faith, core values and policies will be reviewed for this open position. International Friendships, Inc. is otherwise an equal opportunity employer.
This position is funded by Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
Like many positions at IFI, this position will raise their own financial support to cover salary, benefits and ministry expenses. If God is calling you to work with IFI, after your acceptance to become a staff member, we will provide you with the training you will need to develop a team of ministry partners who will support your ministry.
This position may also be filled on a volunteer basis.
If you have more questions, please start a conversation with us by clicking “Inquire Now” above.